Yoga relieves aches and pains, improves flexibility, balance and posture, builds muscle and strength, improves depression and anxiety, enhances alertness and positive feelings, improves cardiovascular health and aids in the regulation of blood glucose levels.
Medical Yoga Therapy is the supervised practice of a certified trained therapist in yoga for the prevention and recovery of various chronic conditions.
1. Hypothesis that Yoga can improve cardiovascular health by reducing hypertension, heart rate and balancing blood glucose levels, via stimulating the parasympathetic system. I state that this is a hypothesis due to lack of strong evidence in clinical studies. However at the bottom of this page is a simple algorithm of events that can occur within the body to support this theory.
2. Yoga relieves anxiety with the practice of meditation, breathing techniques and distractions which involve the mindfulness and concentration of yoga poses, and assists with coping strategies of emotional triggers.
3. Yoga eliminates excessive stress. A few clinical studies have shown the relationship between yoga and the increased function of neurotransmitters and hormones particularly in areas that control emotions, executive functioning and sleep/wake cycles.
4. Yoga has been effective along side other treatment algorithms in traumatic cases. Trauma sensitive yoga treatmentsprovide support in healing and recovery for people with traumatic illnesses.
5. Yoga has been proven in clinical trials to be an added treatment in the recovery from low back pain.
While treating depression alongside pharmacological treatments, trials showed a modest result in short term benefits.
🧘♂️It is important to note that research in yoga showed in some studies that there were small sample sizes, inadequate controls and large bias.
🧘♂️ Excessive stress>> increased cortisol>> metabolism of fat, protein and carbohydrates>>converted to glucose>> raised blood glucose levels, immune system suppressed, retention of sodium and water>> increases blood pressure.
🧘♂️If you decide to start Yoga, as with any exercise regime, please discuss this with your Medical Officer. Hopefully in the near future, funding and participants may be available for more rigorous clinical trials in yoga.
by Melissa Green July 14, 2021 2 min read 0 Comments
5 reason why you’re not loosing weight are discussed under calories, weight lifting, alcohol, water, and protein intake. Provided in short summary are benefits and reasons explained, along with calculators to provide an estimate intake and monitoring compliance.
by Melissa Green June 21, 2021 4 min read 0 Comments
Revive Wear's Best Supportive Sports Bra is an ultimate choice and a priority for an active and energetic women. We have revealed 10 facts about our Best Supportive Sports Bra in this blog.
Our bras are super comfortable and supportive to help maintain a vibrant lifestyle. Our Bras provide a smooth fitting to the body that remains unchanged even in the fastest motion.
You are beautiful, so choose our Best Supportive Sports Bra and fall in love with your body. Know what your body needs to maintain and achieve an intelligent lifestyle. Because, your body is worth it.
If you find this blog informative and interesting, do let us know. We always welcome your feedback to bring improvements.
by Melissa Green November 08, 2020 1 min read 0 Comments
Receive 15% Discount and Free Shipping when you Subscribe
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …