As we age and experience menopause, unfortunately our skin looses elasticity and strength, leading to sagging skin and wrinkles. Bad dietary decisions, smoking, stress, insomnia and weather also excels the rate of ageing skin.
Our skin contains up to 70% collagen. Within the first 4years of menopause, synthesis of collagen decreases by up to 30%.
Collagen represents a family of 28 different proteins and plays a role in the structure of tissues and joints including the skin and nails.
A new randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study1 shows that taking Peptan® collagen peptides goes beyond just helping smooth wrinkles. The study provides powerful scientific evidence that the oral supplement reduces skin pore visibility and strengthens hair, and proves these benefits happen at lower doses shown before.
Fish collagen peptides in combination with glucosamine and vitamin C have been reported via case studies, to improve skin moisture and elasticity.
Pure Gold Collagen at a dose of 50mls on a daily basis for at least 60 days, showed a noticeable reduction in skin dryness, wrinkles and nasolabial folds (side of nose to corners of mouth). To view this clinical study please visit reference Borumand & Sibilla.
- Loss of collagen as we age which results in loss of skin moisture, elasticity and strength.
- It is possible to delay the ageing skin by eating healthy, reducing stress, improving sleep, not smoking, protecting yourself from weather and drinking plenty of water.
- Collagen is proven to increase skin density, folds, wrinkles and moisture in a small percentage of participants.
- Taking collagen may show variable effects per individual.
- Please read this review. This is where you can purchase Pure Gold Collagen https://thedermreview.com/pure-gold-collagen/
Asserin J et al. 2015 doi: .org/ 10.1111/jock.12174
Borumand M, Sibilla S 2014 doi: 10.2147/CIA.S65939
Prawitt J 2019 www.peptan.com/science/beauty-from-within